Thursday, March 1, 2012

Coming to the Close

I never cry. At least not in front of people. I know it's not a sign of weakness, but some deep physiological element keeps me from actually believing it. Only one thing can really push me past this deep-rooted thought and that's the impending reality that I'll be leaving my roommates.
Taking things for granted is my true major and calling in life. Kensey's excitement and volume, Kenna's appreciation for the small things in life, like chins, and Shawnee's caring as well as her consistent clogging of the toilet. It's all going to leave me in only a couple of months, and I'll never get it back. No one is going to try to be like Wim Hoff with me, no one is going to watch the weird, hidden images on the ceiling with me, and no one is going to laugh about slightly inappropriate things with me. But what I will get to keep are the impressions and quirks I've gotten from all three of them.
These past (almost) two years are quickly running away from me, but I don't need to try to chase after them. I'm going to do the best I can with the people who recognize the best in me, and I in them.

No comments: