Monday, June 25, 2012

Lessons on waiting...and waiting.

This summer has gone by pretty quickly, more than I ever thought it would.  Two months ago coming home from Ephraim seemed like the most horrible prospect, but so far it's been much better than I anticipated.  Yeah my social life is comparable to the Dust Bowl, but my family's made up for it.  I forgot how much fun it was to just be around my sisters; even when they do things like yell "bingo" and hit me on the arm whenever they see a yellow car.  
The biggest focus of my summer is, of course, working on my mission papers.  And how close am I?  A crown and a couple of fillings away before I finally get those cursed/blessed forms sent on their merry way.  Don't get me wrong, I use such contrasting descriptions in the best possible way.  Cursed because I want to turn them in so bad I'd give up my favorite hand to do it, (which by the way is my right hand, not because it's my dominant but because I think my fingers are more evenly spaced than the left), and blessed because, well, duh it's serving the Lord!  
I have a very one-track mind; if something is important enough to me I can't seem to focus on anything else until I finish my ultimate goal.  Unless it's something crafty, then I give up after five minutes or whenever I end up krazy gluing my hand to my arm.  I won't have my papers turned in for a few more weeks now because my dentist appointments are a little ways down the road and it's been driving me up the wall!  I'm so close to knowing when and where I'm going, but I'm still so far away from knowing. The moral of this experience?  Take better care of your teeth.  Take in more calcium.  Oh yeah, and maybe have some patience ;)  It'll be worth it!

No comments: